Friday, September 7, 2007

GEARSTICK

BEFORE:
The gearstick ('stick shift', for my American buddies) in my car. Implement for moving smoothly between the five gears of my less than a year old, recently valeted, soon to be offered for sale, spotlessly clean Fiat Mille Flex.

AFTER:
Gearstick with a wee bite mark. Door of car was left slighlty ajar when I was doing a spot of gardening next to the place where I park. Mel managed to push the car door open with her nose and get in. She stayed in the car for about 30 minutes, checking out each seat, but spending most of her time in the driver's seat. She's usually banished to the boot (That's'trunk' for the yanks out there) and has no doubt been keen to Access All Areas for a while now. She must have been especially looking forward to trying that big black shiny plastic thing and find out if it tastes anything like a wooden spoon. Doh!

No comments: